Signed form supersedes the contents of the page.
1 Check-in/Check-out: Check-in time is 4:00pm and check-out time is 11:00am. It is critical to adhere to the check-in/check-out times so the cabins can be prepared for the next guest. Late check-out is not acceptable and will result in a charge of one additional night without the benefit of a stay.
2 Open Flames: Absolutely no candles or smoking inside the cabin.
3 Pets and service animals: Not permitted in the cabin. However there is no guarantee an unauthorized animal has not been in the cabin. Animals in the cabin will result in a $500 fee billed to the credit card or file. If a card is not on file, guest agrees to pay fee via another acceptable method.
4 Cancellation Policy: Please note that we are not a hotel but a small family owned vacation rental company and cannot easily write off lost income from cancellations, as can large hotels. Once you have reserved the cabin it is taken off the availability list and all inquiries for that period are turned away. If you are concerned about the possibility of a last-minute cancellation, we strongly suggest that you take responsibility for this risk and obtain trip cancellation / interruption insurance. We do not refund for inclement weather, bad road conditions in the mountains or in the valleys (12 months a year), acts of Mother Nature, power outages (they happen frequently this high on the mountain), illness, or death in the family. Therefore, trip insurance is recommended in the event a cancellation or early departure is desired. Trip insurance is available through 3rd party companies.
Cancellation prior to 60 days upon arrival receives a full refund (less credit card fee and any other fees kept by an online listing company). Cancellation 60 days or closer to arrival forfeits all funds paid except cleaning fee.
5 Early departure: No refund for early departure.
6 Right to Enter: Guest acknowledges that the owner or an authorized technician or repairman may enter the cabin at anytime for any purpose connected with the repair, care, or maintenance of the cabin.
7 Parties: No parties, gatherings, or commercial uses are allowed in the cabin. No individuals beyond those staying in the cabin are allowed to enter the premises. Hoodland Fire District No. 74 Fire Marshall has set the maximum occupancy of each cabin. Do not exceed this quantity for any reason.
Half Pint Lodge = 2 people, Trails Out Lodge = 8 people Camp Creek Lodge = 8 people (Occupancy maximum is regardless of age) .
8 Appliances and Equipment: MRL does it best to ensure that cabin is fully functional for its guests. If you find an appliance or utility not working properly, or any other problems, please notify MRL immediately. There are no refunds issued to guests as extra effort is made to service each request.
9 Lost, Forgotten, or Stolen Items: MRL is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Any item found and needing to be shipped to guest will be charged actual shipping charge plus $25.00.
10 Minimum Age: Minimum age of person responsible for reservation is 27 in the Trails Out Lodge and the Camp Creek Lodge, and 23 in the Half Pint Lodge.
11 Responsible Person: Person responsible for reservation is person who signs this document. This person must stay at the cabin all nights of reservation. This person is also responsible for actions in cabin of all people lodged in cabin.
12 Cabin Tours: MRL will not invite anyone to stop by and tour the cabin during your stay. Do not let anyone into the cabin claiming they were sent by MRL for this purpose.
13 Furniture: All furniture must be in the place it was upon arrival.
14 Weather Conditions: Weather conditions at the cabin are extreme. Extended periods of snow and ice covered ground are typical during every season but summer. Slippery conditions outside and inside the cabin entries often exist. If you don’t feel comfortable walking on slippery conditions do not reserve a cabin. Guest must take precaution from snow falling from trees and roofs as it can cause personal injury and damage vehicles. Please note, cabins are not air-conditioned. During summer the average high/low temperature in June is 59/40, July is 68/46, and August is 68/46. We average 22 days a year where the temperature exceeds 70 degrees. However, we do occasionally get a hot spell. We provide fans at the cabins but there is no air-conditioning. If you require air-conditioning please do not sign this agreement.
15 Eviction: MRL reserves the right to evict any guest at any time who is not in compliance with this agreement. Refunds will not be issued to guests evicted due to non-compliance.
16 Unavailable Cabin: If prior to check-in the cabin becomes unavailable for any reason beyond the reasonable control of MRL, including but not limited to Mother Nature, government restrictions, or damage, MRL will promptly notify Guest and will use its best efforts to re-book Guest into another MRL property of similar or larger size for the same period. In the unlikely event this occurs, the Guest shall have the right to either 1) accept one of the substitute properties offered by MRL or 2) cancel reservation and receive full refund of all deposit and rental fees paid (less credit card fee). No refunds will be given that exceed the price of the rental fee paid. There will be no refunds given due to acts of God, weather related situations, nor mechanical or electrical failures.
17 Damage/Security Deposit: There is a cleaning/damage/security deposit of $250. Status of refund will be determined after guest’s departure. In the case of damages, theft, extra cleaning, lost key, items removed from one cabin to another, or extra guests or an animal, guest agrees to the financial responsibility and extra costs. Guest agrees to costs associated with damages including items stained by bodily fluids. Guest agrees that costs arising from the above circumstances may be charged on the guest’s credit card (or deposit) and not to dispute these charges in good faith. If the Sheriff shows up due to a complaint from any of the neighbors the entire Damage/Security Deposit will be kept. If any drains are clogged during visit and require a plumber’s services the services will be arranged by the guest and the cost will be borne by the guest.
18 Accidents: Accidents happen and we realize that some accidents are simply the cost of doing business. We would much rather have you let us know when an accident happens so that we can replace or repair the item than to have you not report it for fear of incurring a charge against your Damage/Security deposit. We do our very best to be fair in what we deem as the cost of doing business versus disrespectful, negligent or purposeful damage. We promise to be fair with you and ask that you report damages to us immediately.
19 Additional Cleaning: The cabin rental price assumes an average amount of cleaning (based on the last 10 years). If the time required to clean the cabin exceeds this average by more than 30 minutes the additional cleaning will be charged at the rate of $35.00 per hour.<strong>20. Wi-fi:</strong> WiFi is provided as a courtesy to guests, however, we do not guarantee the availability or the speed of the Internet connection at any given time. If you require an Internet connection anytime during your stay, please consider backup solutions in the event the wi-fi is unavailable or too slow (i.e. cellular hotspot, alternative locations, etc.).
21. RV Parking: Recreational vehicles including camper vans, travel trailers, motorhomes, tent trailers, and any other type of vehicle with places to sleep are not allowed to park in the driveway nor plug into the cabin’s electrical or plumbing systems.
22. Portable fire devices: No portable fire pits, barrels, pots, or similar devices allowed.
23. Legal Fees: It is agreed that this is a legally binding contract; any action rising out of this agreement by the Guest or MRL or to enforce this agreement shall be brought Clackamas County, Oregon, and shall be governed by the Laws of the State of Oregon. Should it be necessary for MRL to pursue legal action against the Guest, the Guest will be responsible for any and all attorney and court costs. It is also agreed that under no circumstances will the liability of the MRL exceed the full amount of the Agreement. If damages caused by the Guest exceed the security deposit, Guest is legally bound to remit additional payment to fully compensate MRL.
24. Indemnification: : Guest agrees to indemnify Owner and Owner’s Agent and save Owner and Owner’s Agent from and against any and all claims, actions, damages, liabilities and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees in connection with the loss of life, personal injury and/or damage to the property arising from or out of any occurrence in, upon, or about the premises, occasioned by an act or omission by Owner, Owner’s Agent, Guest or other occupants. OWNER and OWNER’S AGENT SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES OR INJURY to Guest or Guests: It is expressly understood and agreed that Owner and Owner’s Agent will not be liable for any damages or injury to Guest or other occupants and their property from whatever cause arising from the occupancy of said premises, both inside and outside of the cabin, whether on the property or elsewhere. THE SUPERVISION AND SAFETY OF ALL CHILDREN ARE THE DIRECT RESPONSIBILITY OF GUEST OR PARENTS, OR CARETAKERS OF ANY CHILDREN ON THE PREMISES, including but not limited to decks, stairs, woodstove area, outdoor areas under eaves and trees prone to accumulated snow and ice, and any and all other activities or appliance use on the premises. Guest specifically accepts ALL liability for use of woodstove and understands that Owner and Owner’s Agent shall have no liability from any accidents, injuries, or death that may result from the proper or improper use of said woodstove. Guest accepts said liability by voluntary use of said woodstove. During periods of accumulated snow or ice on the ground, roof, or in the trees, Guest or other occupants shall take precaution to avoid areas where accumulated snow or ice will land when falling from roofs or trees. Falling accumulated snow or ice can cause injury or death to humans and severe damage to motor vehicles. Guest or other occupants specifically accept ALL liability for being in areas prone to falling accumulated snow or ice and understands that Owner and Owner’s Agent shall have no liability from any accidents, injuries, or death that may result falling accumulated snow or ice. All exterior hard walking or driving surfaces are covered in snow or ice during cold months and are extremely slippery. Owner and Owner’s agent recommends the use of shoe chains or other devices attached to Guest or other occupants shoes to help prevent falls. Should Guest elect to walk on snow or ice without shoe chains or other devices Guest does so at Guest’s sole risk and with full acceptance of any and all personal liability from doing so.
25. Acknowledgement: Guest acknowledges, understands, and will adhere to all of the above policies. Guest also understands failing to do so will result in eviction, loss of damage/security deposit, and/or additional charges.